Hey, I was just curious if anyone had suggestions of what to bring to a hospital for after a surgery? I'm finally getting a section of my small intestines out, after 13 miserable years of Crohn's, and I'm SO excited, but I'm not quite sure what I'll need. I should be at the hospital for a week; however, I'll be getting the surgery in San Francisco, and I live in Reno, so I can't really have anyone run home for me, ha. Any suggestions? :)
I really hope the surgery goes well! I’m excited for you!!
I’ve never had surgery but I’ve had some pretty long hospital stays. So my list of comfort items would include:
- pajamas or comfy clothes.
- baby wipes for quick easy in-bed showers.
- ear plugs if you’re sensitive to noise at night, hospitals are uber noisy!
- a blanket from home.
- if you don’t like the pillows at the hospital bring your own to ensure you’re comfortable.
- Laptop with some seasons of your fave shows.
- Anything else you can think of to keep you busy - I usually have word searches.
Just remember that you’ll be pretty drugged up after the surgery and my friend told me after her resection she watched a season of Game of Thrones and barely remembered what happened and had to re-watch it when she got home. Focus on resting and being as comfortable as you possibly can be in a hospital!
keep me updated on how your surgery goes, good luck!!
I just joined Tumblr and found your blog. I'm tearing up reading because it feels so amazing to know I'm not so fucking alone. I'm in the middle of the worst flare of my life and everything on your blog is exactly what I'm thinking. Thanks for being so brave and sharing this with the world.
Crohnies gotta stick together! Hope you’re doing well and thank you for following! <3